Monday, November 12, 2012

Baby Seahorse?

When I first spilled the beans that my husband and I were expecting a baby, everyone I told had a suggestion, or seven, for her name.  My aunt Rachel suggested Cinnamon Sparkle.  My cousin Adam suggested Adamina.  My dad suggested a string of girlie words which still changes every time we talk--something along the lines of Unicorn Rainbow Daisy Peach.  But my friend Cayte came up with Miracle Seahorse, which got shortened to just plain Seahorse and stuck to our baby girl like glue.
The Seahorse Lounge at Caesar's Palace

I should rewind a little and mention that I am OBSESSED with sea horses. My husband, Dave, and I got married in Las Vegas and the number one must-see on my list was The Seahorse Lounge at Caesar's Palace.  I mean staring at a huge tank full of cute little sea horses clinging to swaying sea grass while surrounded by giant sea horse statues?!  Heaven. 


I read a book to my class of daycare babies called Sea Horse:  The Shyest Fish in the Sea by Chris Butterworth a couple of years ago, and many times after that, that kicked off my obsession.  Sea horses do so many cool things, but the main reason I love the nickname Seahorse for our girl is the fact that female sea horses are the brave and independent ones.  Boy sea horses stay within a few feet of their home base for their entire lives, while girls venture out to explore!



The Sweet Baby Seahorse
The point is, Sweet Baby Seahorse is actually our Sweet Baby Human that we call Seahorse. I just know she is going to be brave and independent just like the creatures she is nicknamed after. She is currently kicking and fist pumping in my belly, but she will be here before we know it!  She is due January 20th, and she has an actual name (which will be revealed when she is here,) but I have a feeling she is gonna be here before then.  We are so excited to meet her and have been working hard to make sure her room and wardrobe are PERFECT!

I decided to start this blog, not just because I wanted to share my love of the coolest creature in the sea (I think I've got that all out of my system now, thanks for sticking with me,) but also because I wanted to share all of the baby tips and advice I have racked up from all my years of daycare working and babysitting, and of course, whatever I learn from experience after my own baby gets here.  I want to share all of my craft projects, hit recipes, cleaning tips, must-have baby items and pretty much any and all of my crazy adventures being a stay at home mom to a brand new Seahorse!

No comments:

Post a Comment